ICAST 2020: New Rods and Reels from Hardy Fly Fishing
Updated: Nov 1, 2021
Zane Carbon Reels- Designed for the flats angler, the Zane Carbon is a lightweight, large arbor, sealed disc drag reel capable of handling anything that's thrown at it. Perfectly at home taming Bonefish or Sea Trout in its smaller sizes to Permit and Tarpon in the 10,000 and 12,000 sizes. The regulated hard indent drag system allows accurate drag settings to be applied quickly in the heat of battle.
• Barstock 6061 /carbon with non flash salt safe anodized finish
• Fully sealed multi pad disc drag with 10lb+ stopping power
• 340 degree regulated drag control with hard indents for fast accurate adjustments
Four models are offered including a 7/8, 8/9, 9/10, and 11/12.
Narrow Spool Perfect Reels- Our classic Narrow Spool Perfect reintroduced on a limited basis only. Fitted with hand specific, polished rotating line guard and available in both left or right hand configurations. Available for a limited time only.
• Classic Narrow Spool Perfect
• Rotating polished line guard
• Available in both LH/RH options
• The classic reel for use on bamboo/retro glass rods
• Available for a limited time only
There are 3/4 and 4/5 models available in either RH or LH retrieve.
Bougle Reels- A classic 1939 Bouglé now available in a stunning gunmetal colour scheme with an additional 3.75 inch size, perfect for use on light Spey and Switch rods. Available for a limited time only.
• Classic 1939 style Bouglé
• Stunning gunmetal color scheme
• Special run series with limited availability
• New 3.75 inch size for small Spey & Switch rods
Expect 3/4, 4/5, and 7/8/9 sizes to be available.
Ultradisc Reels- A lightweight disc drag reel in its purest form, the all new Ultradisc features everything you need and nothing you don’t in a disc drag fly reel. With an innovative frame design this reel sets a new standard in light weight performance reels whilst allowing the use of ultra thin fly lines and running lines as well as leader-only systems popular in modern river fishing. The scaled multi-pad drag system is also unregulated meaning fine adjustment of the drag pressure over a large window is possible.
• A new standard in lightweight disc drag reel design
• Multi-pad scaled disc drag system
• Unregulated drag system for fine adjustments
• Enclosed line guard frame design for use with leader-only systems and thin running lines
• The lightest disc drag reel ever produced by Hardy
Finishes include either Gunmetal or Black with sizes ranging from a 3/4/5 up to a 10/11/12.
Ultraclick Reels- A new standard in ultra light fly reels. The UCL series is our lightest ever fly reel, featuring a fully enclosed line guard for use with ultra thin line designs and leader-only systems. This series of reels is the ultimate for the light line aficionado. Fitted with an adjustable all-metal click system, this is the perfect reel for the lightest of applications.
• A new standard in lightweight reel design
• Adjustable all metal clicker system
• Enclosed line guard frame design for use with leader-only systems and ultra thin fly lines
• Push off spool release
• The lightest fly reel ever produced by Hardy
Sizes include a 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, and 4/5.
Zane Pro Rods- The Saltwater game-changer 2.0. So why redesign possibly the greatest saltwater fly rod ever built? Why reduce the shaft diameter on selected sizes for better wind penetration and reduced weight? Why redesign the mandrels and pattern layups to squeeze every last drop of performance out of the aerospace grade carbon fibre and advanced SINTRIX® 440 resin system? Why upgrade the guides to the latest generation in ceramic lined titanium recoils? Why upgrade to a single start scratch resistant hard anodised reel seat? The simple answer...why not.
• Low profile, more responsive blank design
• Ceramic lined titanium recoil guides
• Hard anodized reel fitting
• Legendary strength to weight ratio of SINTRIX® 440
• 4 or 1 section design for the ultimate in performance or convenience
9'0" 4-piece models range from 6 to 12 weight, while special 8'10" 1-piece models come in 8 to 12 weight sizes.
Zane Rods- Based on the blank design of the award winning Proaxis series of rods, the all new Zane series brings performance, durability and refinement in a range of lengths and line sizes to suit all saltwater and predator anglers. Two all new 8ft, 8 and 9 weights ideal for backcountry Snook, predator fishing or even streamer eating Trout in smaller rivers.
• Totally re-designed blanks based on the award-winning Proaxis series
• Ceramic lined titanium frame guides
• Salt safe anodized reel seat
• Strength to weight ratio of SINTRIX® 330
• 4 section design for the ultimate in performance and convenience
There will be 8'0" 8 and 9 weights as well as 9'0" 6 to 12 weight sizes.
MSRP $595.00 – $659.00
Ultralight Rods- The all new Ultralite range of fly rods features SINTRIX® NSX. SINTRIX® NSX is based on our industry changing SINTRIX® technology now combined with a secondary classified additive that allows much lower prepreg weights to be achieved. This lighter weight material allows targeted modification of the blank design without affecting the blank's strength. The net result is lighter, more responsive blanks that allow the angler to “feel” the line more during the casting stroke giving a greater degree of control than ever before. The reel seat on the Ultralite is a masterpiece of form and function – moving more of the rod's weight percentage behind the hand gives incredible in-hand balance, single start threads resist the reel loosening under heavy use and a keyed body further ensure a snug fit for your reel.
• SINTRIX® NSX our highest grade refinement of the industry changing SINTRIX® material • Ceramic lined titanium recoil guides
• Laser engraved reel seat with line size
• Fully redesigned blanks
Hardy Ultralight rods come in lengths from 8'0" to 10'0" and weights 3–8.
Ultralight LL Rods- Never before have light line and river specific anglers had so many advanced techniques to choose from. The surge in popularity around advanced European style and competition style techniques has to some degree left rod design behind. Not anymore. These technique specific rods have been designed, developed, and tested by some of the leading exponents of modern light line methods to represent the most refined and usable actions on the market for these demanding styles of fishing.
• SINTRIX® NSX combined with a greater percentage of high and high intermediate modulus carbon fibre
• Lightweight blank design maximizes line feel and sensitivity
• Down locking reel seats on key sizes for balance improvement
• Ceramic lined titanium recoil guides • Rod of choice for highly technical situations
Ultralight LL rods are offered in 9'2" to 11'2" lengths and weights from a 0/2 model up to a 4 weight.
Support Demystifly by Purchasing Hardy Products at